Welcome to my weekly showcase of a mother that had a baby after 35 that exhibits fly-ness. This week we interviewed Monique and here’s what we discussed:
1. How old were you when you had your most recent child? 1st child?
1st child and I was 38 when he was born
2. How would you define “fly”?
Smart, stylish and sassy!
3. Besides your child (ren), what inspires you to remain fly?
Knowing how good I feel when I feel good about myself.
4. How do you feel having had a baby after hitting 35?
It’s a blessing and a curse! I’ve lived more and learned more so I know more at this point in my life so I’m hoping that knowledge and experience will help to make me a better parent, but the thought of being damn near 60 when he graduates high school makes me sad sometimes. 😢
5. How would you classify your style?
Frugally fabulous! Just because it costs more, doesn’t mean it’s a better product.
6. What makes you fly? When do you feel the flyest?
-Being prepared and planning as much as possible! Meal prepping, laying out clothes for us for the week and working smarter while on the clock.
–When I’m having a day where I feel like I’ve got my life together!
7. What would you tell another mom to help her regain her formerly fly self, whom had let it go due to motherhood?
You can’t pour from an empty cup so ask for help and be specific in your requests! Being a mom is hard but self-care is so important! Do something for yourself everyday, even if it’s just a 5 minute meditation to start or end the day. And seek out other new moms and befriend them! Having someone who can relate to your struggles is a great resource!
Stay Fly! ✌️