February’s 2nd feature for Fly Mom Monday is Iyonna “Fancy” Woods.
Iyonna was always a natural fit in my eyes to be a candidate for fly mom. For as long as I’ve known her, I’ve always considered her fashionable, and that has been since we were in high school. Post baby #2, and I think the same thing. Iyonna is smart, talented, witty, helpful and has a fantastic sense of humor. In addition to being beautiful, her transparency is one of the flyest things about her. She is what she is, and she doesn’t seem to make any apologies for that on either spectrum. I know how hard it is being a mom a stay-at-home mom and running a business. She will make you smile telling you about her good times or have you CTFU laughing at her anecdotes about bad days.
So I interviewed Iyonna and got her views on being fly and being an AMA. Here’s what she had to say.
- How old were you when you had your most recent child? 38 1st child? 35
- How would you define “fly”? Someone who embraces their own personal style and who they are.
- Besides your child (ren), what inspires you to remain fly? Knowing there are other mothers and women who look to me for inspiration. I like to point out that if I can do it, anyone can do it.
- How do you feel having had a baby after hitting 35? Physically, I am muhfuggin tide! Spiritually, I am fulfilled. I have lived a full life, so I don’t feel I am missing out on anything because I have to stay home with my children. I’m sure I am much more patient than I would have been had I had children at a younger age.
- How would you classify your style? I am in a transition period with my “style”. LOL! Spending most days working in my factory, athleisure is how I dress day to day. But when I “get dressed” I like to call my style ethnic thot. Bright colors, vibrant wax print fabrics but in fun, stylish, well fitted garments.
- What makes you fly? I own whatever I wear. When do you feel the flyest? When something fits me well and compliments my natural features.
- What would you tell another mom to help her regain her formerly fly self, whom had let it go due to motherhood? Take care of yourself. Do something that makes you feel good – take a nap, get a mani/pedi, go for a walk, buy a cute piece that makes you feel good when you put it on. When you feel good, you look good, no matter what you’re wearing. A woman who feels good about herself is a better mother than one who doesn’t.
Being a wife and Mompreneur with 2 kiddies under 3 hasn’t seemed to slow her hustle. She has a great cosmetic line, Fancy Free Hair and Skin. One I have used on myself and my baby boy and I love it. When I’m not around her, I watch her and her husbands entertaining social media videos of them and the kids.
*Side bar* Speaking of her son is about to be a top DJ at the age of 2. I already told them he’s gonna DJ my son’s 5th birthday. lol